SELF CATERING HOLIDAYS AT BLACKETTS RETREAT (UNAVAILABLE FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE)
This Grade II listed accommodation is attached to the owners’ home and perches on a hillside 1600 feet above sea level and in the very heart of this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
From an elevated position, the views from this stone-built cottage are simply stunning. The surrounding countryside can be seen for miles and you may even spot a red squirrel.
Cosy and well-furnished, this cottage makes an ideal base for a group of friends or families wishing to explore the stunning North Pennines, one of the most peaceful and unspoilt regions in England.
Three first floor bedrooms provide a welcoming retreat after a hard day’s walking or cycling, if you can drag yourself away from the cosy sitting room with enormous multi-fuel stove.
What could be nicer than taking off your boots, putting your feet up and gazing into the welcoming embers?
The well-equipped kitchen has all you need to rustle up a tasty supper and the adjoining dining room is perfect for getting together and planning the next day’s activities.
The area surrounding Allenheads is perfect for walking on the moorland, bird watching, cycling, touring or just relaxing and enjoying the surrounding views.
The cottage is well-positioned for trips to the Killhope Mine, High and Low Force waterfalls, historic Hexham, Hadrian’s Wall and Durham city with its magnificent cathedral.
Take a trip further afield and visit Newcastle and the Metrocentre, Bowes Museum and the Beamish Open Air Museum.
Blackett’s Retreat is ideally placed for getting away from the hustle and bustle and enjoying a peaceful and relaxing break.
Bedroom 1 Super king-size bed OR twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC
Bedroom 2 Twin
Bedroom 3 Double
Bathroom with bath with shower over, basin and WC
Sitting room with multi-fuel stove.
THERE IS AN ELEVATED OUTDOOR SEATING AREA IN FRONT OF COTTAGE WITH A WOODEN PICNIC TABLE (3 STONE STEPS UP TO THIS AREA SO MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR SOME CUSTOMERS)
IMPORTANT NOTICE AS PART OF OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
*We take a good housekeeping deposit of £50 which will be returned 1 week following departure if our property is in order and cleaned as per contract (our property must be left in the same state of cleanliness and order in which it was found) This deposit also covers any breakages
*We sometimes run Bed and Breakfast accommodation from these premises so it is essential that equipment and furnishings are left in the same place to enable us to move flawlessly from one to the other. For example- Crockery, glasses, cutlery back into original cupboard/drawers.
*Starter pack of coal provided then charged by the scuttle thereafter
*Night storage heaters
*Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
*Enough fuel for to run the multi fuel stove included in rental
*Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request
*Off road parking for 2 cars maximum
*Owners have cats and lots of free ranging chickens,ducks and geese in their surrounding gardens
*Sorry, no smoking in property or our grounds
*Cottage not suitable for children 8 and under due to open water and cattle grid in property grounds. Suitable for babies under 1 year old who are fully attended to at all times. Children should be fully attended at all times please.
*Shops 7 miles, pub and cafe 5-10 mins walk
*Note: The access road is steep and can be bumpy, therefore not suitable for low slung cars
*Note: The original sink to the cottage is opposite the cottage and so young children should be supervised at all times
Note: Check-in 4pm and check- out is 10am on the morning of your departure
Please contact us for further information and prices
TERMS AND CONDITIONS YOU AGREE TO WHEN YOU HAVE BOOKED OUR COTTAGE
1. You must make sure that all the information you provide to us in connection with your Booking is true, accurate, current and complete. If any of your details change (e.g. email address, postal address), you must promptly update your details.
2. You accept financial responsibility for all transactions made under your name or account.
3. The number of people occupying the Property will not exceed the number stated on in your Booking Confirmation;
4. Our property will be used solely for the purpose of a holiday by you and your Guests;
5. That you will (and ensure that your Guests will) show all due consideration and respect for any Owners and their representatives and neighbours or other persons or parties that have a connection with the Property. This includes refraining from abusing your stewardship of the Property or dangerous, offensive, violent or anti-social behaviour towards such persons or parties;
6. That you will (and ensure that your Guests will) use the Property and Rental Services lawfully, will not abuse any facilities provided as part of the Rental Services and will comply with any health and safety or other policies or instructions notified to you by us or the Owner in connection with the Property or Rental Services;
7. You must allow the Owner or his representative to access the Property at any time during the Holiday Period should they have concerns or the need to enter for any reason they see as reasonable.
8.To keep the Property and all furniture, utensils, equipment, fixtures and fittings in or on the Property in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the Holiday Period and to ensure that at the end of that period the Property is left in the same state of order and cleanliness in which it was found. The Owner may make an additional, reasonable charge for professional cleaning after your and your Guests’ occupancy as may be required to return the Property to its original state of cleanliness and tidiness;
9. To report as soon as possible to the Owner (or his representative) any breakages or damage caused by you or your Guests during the Holiday Period. Without affecting any other remedies that the Owner has under the Rental Contract, you promise to fully reimburse the Owner for the cost of replacement or repair for such breakages or damage.
10. To arrive at or after 4p.m. on the arrival day and to vacate the Property by 10 a.m. prompt on the day of departure unless you have selected alternative check-in and check-out dates during the Booking process (as detailed in your Booking Confirmation) or agreed otherwise with the Owner;
11. Not to allow any person other than you and your Guests to use the facilities and amenities of the Property without the express permission of the Owner; and to notify all Guests before the Holiday Period starts of your and these obligations.
12. The person making the booking will be responsible for all Guests staying at the Property and the things they do (and do not do) even if you do not stay there yourself during the Holiday Period.
13. In the event that you or any Guest fails to comply with the requirements set out above the Owner (or their representative) can refuse to allow you and your Guests to enter and stay at the Property or can require you and your Guests to leave the Property before the end of the Holiday Period. In either case, you will be treated as having broken the terms of Rental Contract and the provision set out in the Owners’ right to end a Rental Contract section will apply.
14. No pets are allowed to stay
15. You are strongly advised to take out adequate travel insurance prior to departing for your holiday. It is your responsibility to check that your insurance cover is adequate.
16. Please check all the details in your Booking Confirmation promptly after receiving the confirmation and notify as soon as possible if you think we have made any mistakes or errors with your Booking.
17. Please contact us directly using the contact details in the Contact Us section if you would like to amend your Booking. If we agree to amend the Booking, additional charges including additional Rental Charges and/or an administration fee may also be payable to cover our costs of making the amendment. This does not affect your legal rights.
18. You may not transfer your Rental Contract to another person. If you do not stay at the Property during the Holiday Period but your Guests do, you will still be legally responsible for all your obligations under the Rental Contract and these Booking Conditions and your Guests’ compliance with them.
19. We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or any employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
20. We may cancel your Booking if:
1. We become aware of any health and safety or quality-related issue with the applicable Rental Services or Property or its immediate surroundings (for example contamination to the Property’s water supply);
2. We may cancel your Booking due to circumstances or events outside their reasonable control. you would be refunded in full in such circumstances.
3. In above circumstances we cannot arrange alternative accommodation for you and your Guests.
WE THE OWNERS WILL
1. perform the Rental Services using reasonable care and skill;
2. as soon as possible, notify you in writing or by telephone of any changes to the description of the Property and/or Rental Services relating to your Booking which would make our descriptions of the Property inaccurate, incomplete or misleading;
3. ensure that the Property is vacant and that you and your Guests have exclusive access to the Property and Rental Services for the full period of the Holiday Period;
4. ensure that suitable arrangements are in place for you to collect and return the keys.
5. respond to queries, complaints and problems which arise during or after the Holiday Period and use its best efforts to resolve them.
6. We will maintain, at our expense and with a reputable insurance company, policies to meet our liabilities.